Phantom Hire Terms & Conditions
Phantom Hire shall be known as The Company and the person booking be known as The Hirer. It will be deemed that The Hirer accepts responsibility for every person in his/her party and fully agrees to the Phantom Hire Terms & Conditions of Hire as follows:
- All bookings are by pre-booking only and must be confirmed with a deposit of £50 before it will be accepted as a positive booking. Thereafter the balance must either be paid by cheque 7 days prior to the date of hire or in cash at the time of hire prior to departure.
- Due to our busy schedule it would be appreciated if agreed departure times were adhered to. Our driver will notify you on arrival. A 15-minute waiting period will then be allowed, after which time our company regulations require the driver to depart. Extensions to the duration of a booking will be at the driver’s discretion, and any agreed extension will be at our normal rates of hire.
- In the event of a cancellation, any deposit paid would be forfeited, however, unavoidable circumstances, e.g. bereavement, serious illness supported by a medical certificate, deposits may be refunded at the discretion of The Company. If you cancel within 48 hours prior to the booking we reserve the right to charge a fee equal to 50% of the value of the full booking cost.
- No refund can be made on full payments made by The Hirer if cancellations are made within the 14-day period stated above.
- No responsibility can be accepted for adverse weather conditions (i.e. snow, flooding etc), which may cause delay or cancellation of a booking by The Company.
- Whilst every effort is afforded to the serviceability of the hire fleet, no responsibility can be accepted for mechanical, electrical or material breakdown howsoever caused. In this unlikely event, every effort will be made for the immediate repair to the hire vehicle so that the journey can continue, or The Hirer and their party to be transferred to another vehicle/s and any reasonable cost will be born by The Company, or refund given. Note: In the event of conditions 5 and 6 or any other breakdown and/or accident, no responsibility will be accepted for missed connections and or functions whatsoever.
- In the event of a breakdown or accident to the vehicle booked prior to the time of hire, every effort will be made to supply a similar or alternative vehicle/s at the discretion of The Company.
- The Company reserves the right at any time to change, replace or renew the vehicle/s booked or advertised in order to maintain The Company’s high standards. The replacement vehicle/s would be of the same type and colour as originally booked and duly notified to The Hirer.
- The consumption of food or food products is not permitted inside the vehicle without the expressed permission of The Company or it’s representative.
- The Hirer shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused both inside and outside the vehicle by The Hirer or any member of his/her party, howsoever caused. This includes incitement of any Third Party, which results in damage to the vehicle, or it’s contents. The Hirer will agree to be liable for the full retail cost of the repair and The Company will determine the location of the repairer. In addition, The Hirer will be liable to pay The Company a fixed daily rate (determined by The Company) while the vehicle is out of commission for such repairs, plus any further incurred i.e., by lost bookings.
- The Company or it’s representative (e.g. chauffeur) reserves the right refuse entry to the vehicle/s by any person/s they deem unfit whatsoever reason and can refuse to continue the journey if any person(s) behave in a manner which is detrimental to other persons, the vehicle, it’s contents or The Company’s good reputation. In this event, no refund will be given.
- A £150.00 valeting charge will be levied through misuse by The Hirer from food, drink or illness or whatever the retail cost maybe in excess of this amount to rectify said damage caused.
- Any extra requests or alterations to the booking (i.e. additional pickups, changes of destination causing extra mileage and time) not made at the time of booking/communication cannot necessarily be entertained although every effort will be made to meet these requests. An extra fee may be required.
- Once a booking is made and confirmed and deposits paid, the price quoted to The Hirer will not be subject to alteration unless there is any deviation from the details of the original booking.
- The Company’s discretion shall be decided by the partners of The Company at all times and their decisions will be fully binding in all matters.
- The Hirer is liable for all glassware breakages by themselves or their party at a replacement cost of £15.00 per glass or £50.00 for decanters. CD’s £20.00 each. Other damage at repair costs plus 17.5%.
- Due to insurance and licensing restrictions, our limousines have been designated as NO SMOKING and any infringement of this policy will deem the rental invalid and all monies paid will be forfeited and the rental terminated immediately.
- Deposits paid for by card transactions (card holder not present) will be required to present the same card at point of pick up to sign sales voucher.
- The Company reserve the right to charge a handling fee (excluding deposit) of 2.5% (excluding bank debit cards).
Phantom Hire Terms & Conditions